8.8.08

Antici---pation: BURN AFTER READING, HARRY POTTER 6, AUSTRALIA

1) BURN AFTER READING
I love the Coen Brothers something fierce, and I'm sure I won't be disappointed by their latest effort, which comes out extremely soon (Sept. 12). With a lot of their usual crew along, they aim to wrap up their "Idiot" Trilogy with Clooney, and from the looks of it, it should be done with some gusto.



2) HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE
I'm not a huge Harry Potter fan, but I do enjoy the film series, and I really can't wait to find out what happens - I know, everyone should already know this, but screw that...Anyway, here's the new trailer, and I'm excited about learning more about Lord Voldemort.



3) AUSTRALIA
This is Baz Luhrman's long-awaited follow up to his wonderful MOULIN ROUGE, and it's set in the Australian outback. The trailers are always a poor indication of what to expect from him, but nonetheless, here it is, and I'm sure we're in for more than a few surprises come time of the film's release.

2 comments:

Matt Kilgore said...

I'm very pumped about the coen's movie... it looks coens-ish, but also a little bit fresh too. I'm also excited about potter 6, which was my favorite of the books... and australia looks intriguing as well.
Thank God the fall is almost here.

matt said...

i'm just glad to see them back to their movie-a-year roll they had going on in the early 90s. now if only the quality will hold up, it'll be great...(i'm looking at YOU, LADYKILLERS)