2.5.08

Kim Morgan's Take on THE MUPPET MOVIE

Kim Morgan has long been one of my favorite critics/writers on film. She is currently in charge of the MSN movies blog, and also has her own fantastic website, Sunset Gun, that serves mainly as a collection of her writing from all over the 'Net. I don't think it's hard to see why she's so good at what she does, as she is clearly impassioned about films (car movies and ones that star Warren Oates), and cares a lot about making the lesser-known gems stand out from the pack. Her taste is impeccable, and her writing is so good it's hard not to crib it and pass it off as my own (to a certain extent, I already write like her, I think...at least style-,if not quality-wise.) I guess then it's no reason to see why I love her so much.

Anyway, over at the MSN blog, she has a wonderful little post about THE MUPPET MOVIE up, and I thought I'd share it with you. Clearly, she has some Muppet love to go around (as I think anyone with any taste does.) From her entry:

...“The Muppet Movie” is one of those rare television-to-movie adaptations that gives a back story but dips and swerves into so many different experiences that you hardly feel like you’re watching anything remotely television-like.

I couldn't agree more. The Muppets are some of the most endearing creations ever, and I cannot wait to see them in their full glory once more. Of all the Muppet movies to come and go over the past 30 years, the original is still the best, and worthwhile viewing for anyone who loves to be entertained and thrilled.

To read the full entry, visit the article at the MSN Movies Filter.

No comments: